Monday, October 3, 2011

Budget cuts, dealing with Congress

Click on the colored link for the full text:

Budget cuts, dealing with Congress by Melito Salazar Jr.

I never found myself in that situation as I would always be honest with the congressman or senator; telling them that their request could not be granted because of constraints but quick to offer an alternative, knowing that they had constituencies to answer to. In responding to endorsements for hiring, I would inform them of the process that had been put in place, including an examination done by an independent group – a private university.

And when their nominee did not make it, I would immediately inform them and ask for another name. Dealing with the legislators as partners in government and establishing a relationship based on trust ensured a smooth budgetary process.

No comments:

Post a Comment